Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dental Follow Up...

As I stated in my previous post...I need to have some dental work done...sooner rather than later. My problem is Im lousy at picking dentist apparently...Ive not had the luck of the draw yet since Ive been here.

Soooo.....Im asking anyone that happens to read this...if your in Bahrain...or have been etc...and you know of an excellent dentist (preferably one that knocks you out with laughing gas or something...do they still do that)...I would very much appreciate a name and number.

Like I said...Im terrified to go but know that I need too...so I need a very good dentist...not just in technique etc but in the bedside manner approach as well. I need the full works...if they have a large screen tv with the likes of Mel Gibson or Dr McDreamy playing...well I wont say no to that either.

Im waiting to hear from you...whomever you may be.

6 comments:

Sass said...

My fear of dentists is so intense...

I have horrible luck, as well, in picking them. I always hope for someone friendly, as well as excessively gentle.

The last good one I found is now in big trouble for something to do with taxes.

Wonder if he could practice from jail?

Good luck.

Chiara said...

No suggestions unfortunately, but do you need to specify private or government? Is there an Bahrain expat blog with recommendations?

Chiara said...

Sorry that comment was so helpful the computer decided it should appear twice LOL :D

Chiara said...

No suggestions unfortunately, but do you need to specify private or government? Is there an Bahrain expat blog with recommendations?

Gardens of Sand said...

Ibtesam Al Dalal is great. She is a peridontist (sp??) too. Fathiya Al Orayedth is good but for a simple cleaning you may find her hand too heavy. Been to both. After an inexperienced oral surgeon botched my oral wisdom extraction, I ended up (picture swollen face, fever, dry socket, and a wound that wouldn't heal, 6 antibiotics courses later) I went to Ebtisam the morning I was leaving for the States, she took me in w/o an appointment, did xrays, cleaned up my wound, did something (yes there was novacaine involved) and wrote a letter that I sent along with my dental records (that she prepared) to an oral surgeon in the States. She was great. But she is one of the pricier ones in Bahrain. She also fixed a horibbly cracked front tooth of a friend so that you wouldn't know it was ever cracked.

M.J. said...

Oh gosh, I hate the dentist, sedation dentistry is a must for me! Unfortunately I don't know any in Bahrain but I know your pain and I hope that you find a nice one soon. Good luck!